Message Boards Message Boards

Working with GPS, vehicle distances - OpenStreetMap communication problem

I am planning to do a PhD in supply chain optimization. I want to solve a warehouse localization problem. I have 120 long, alt addresses in West Europe. I need to calculate distances when using a clustering algorithm, then use a grid to locate the best option for the warehouse. For this purpose I will need to calculate the distances approximately 120 thousand times.

I have tried to do this by providing googlemaps API longitude and altitude coordinates and returning the distance between the points, however googlemaps API has a daily limit request 2500 times. I found openstreetmap (OSM) open source data. With it I can download a map to my local computer and compute distances offline, however I am not sure how I should communicate with OSM.

Is there any Wolfram script to do this? I have found that OSM works with JOSM - Java OpenStreetMap editor, is it possible to communicate with this software with Mathematica? Otherwise, I will need to rewrite my algorithm with Java, C++ or another language.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract