|
|
5 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Why "Updating from Wolfram Research server"?

Posted 9 years ago

Today I loaded and evaluated a simple notebook I saved yesterday. When the evaluation got to a Histogram statement it stopped and displayed "Updating from Wolfram Research server" for about a minute. I'm running 10.3 on Windows 7 x64. I thought Histogram was a built-in function. Why would Mathematica need to access the Wolfram server to execute it? enter image description here

POSTED BY: David Keith
5 Replies
Posted 7 years ago

I am also very interested in an answer to what is Mathematica updating from the servers. What information does Mathematica send to the servers?

POSTED BY: Goran Markovic

You can check the code:

?? PacletManager`PacletCheckUpdate

and

?? PacletManager`PacletFindRemote

basically the name of the paclet, the version of Mathematica, and the version of the paclet, you know...the necessary bits...

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Posted 9 years ago

Where can we find what Mathematica functionalities are updated through the paclet server? Are some bugs also possibly fixed through this server? How can one find out what on one's present version has been updated by the paclet server? If you upgrade from e.g 10.2 to 10.3, do you then also get the latest paclet updates? Can someone explain more about this form of software updating for mathematica?

POSTED BY: Erik Mahieu

Histogram makes use of / autoloads other functionality, some of which is paclet-based and can be updated from the server when there is a new version -- for example, the Quantity framework. The shipping Mathematica 10.3 has version 1.2.1, which was updated to 1.2.1.1 via the paclet server.

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski

I also saw that message recently.

POSTED BY: Frank Kampas
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract