|
|
8 Replies
|
6 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Syntax highlighter is not updated?

@Vitaliy Kaurov Why is TravelDirections not detected as a built-in function (show in black)?:

Identity[TravelDirections[a,b]]

Identity is properly recognised, but TravelDirections not. Is it not recognising all the V10.3 functions yet?

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
8 Replies

Community syntax highlighter has different update cycle than WL. It will soon have TravelDirections too.

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

Thanks for clarifying!

When you inspect the community code then you find that it uses google-prettify with this Mathematica language plugin. I haven't had time to update the list of keywords in the repository on GitHub to version 10.3.1 but I did exactly this for the IntelliJ IDEA Plugin last night.

Maybe I will find time to update the google-prettify script too and then, as soon as Vitaliy pulls my changes to this site, you will have all built-in functions in black again.

Cheers Patrick

POSTED BY: Patrick Scheibe

I thought I should update it better now than never. Please find the updated repository in the master-branch here

If you have any question Vitaliy, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers Patrick

Thanks very neat! I guess you (mostly) automated this process? Is it a Mathematica script? We can make (more) sure @Vitaliy Kaurov sees this by mentioning him like I just did...

Since I replied directly to Vitaliy's post, he should get a notification without explicitly pinging him, but it can't hurt.

I have a small package that extracts built-in symbols and named characters automatically, yes. Getting symbols from a specific context like System` is easy. The named characters are extracted from here automatically. After that, everything is transformed so that I only have to replace it in the JavaScript files.

So if Wolfram doesn't change something fundamental, it is mostly automatic, yes.

You get the characters from the website? or from the documentation notebook like:

tmp=Import["/Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/Documentation/English/System/Guides/ListingOfNamedCharacters.nb"];
Cases[tmp,Cell[b_,"InlineCharacterName",ShowSpecialCharacters->False]:>b,\[Infinity]]

Apologies for the late response, I was on long trip.

@Patrick Scheibe thank you for the update! We will most certainly pull it in. We were also updating functions' list independently of your updates. We do not tightly attach them to WL releases but rather to some Community internal releases though. It will appear updated at some point.

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract