1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Ideal Closer

Posted 9 years ago

Hi

I am wanting to use the the 3Ph ideal closer (switch) in a model however when I try to link a boolean time step step block to the switch control the software requests to "Specify the indices of the connectors to connect", I can't see where these indices are specified ? If I assume values 1 or 3 this does not appear correct. Has anyone come across this? I see it works ok in the example AIMC_DOL where it has been applied, however I haven't been able to work out how to establish the link, appreciate any assistance.

Regards Bruce

POSTED BY: Bruce Woods

Hi Bruce Woods!

The boolean connector of the ideal switch is actually an array of 3 different boolean connectors. I have never used the Electrical.MultiPhase library but I would guess that each of these connectors correspond to opening and closing of the individual phase connection. If you want each phase to be controlled by the same input you got a couple of options. You could place a BooleanStep block and make a connection 3 times and for the first connection specifying the indices 1, then 2 and finally 3.

In the AIMC_DOL example they have gone another route. There they have specified the BooleanStep block as being an array of m (for you, m would be 3) individual blocks. Then they map each of their output to a corresponding input. You can make your block an array by selecting the block and pressing F2 and at the bottom of the window you should find a checkbox that says array. Check it and in sizes, write 3.

Array editor

Then you can connect it to the connector on the closing switch. If the dimensions of the two connectors match, you can write ":" in both of the fields. This will map all the connectors together.

Connection

If you don't want the input into the closing switch to be same, you can give your array block different parameter values for each of the blocks. For your Boolean steps you could for example write {0, 1, 2} in the field next to startTime which would cause the switch for the first phase to close at time 0, at time 1 for the second phase and at time 2 for the third phase. Alternatively you could connect three different boolean blocks to each of the connectors, a pulse to one phase, an table to another and so on, by specifying the indices for the corresponding phase!

As a side note, it is always easier to give a more complete answer if you attach the code you have tried.

Hope that helps!

Patrik

POSTED BY: Patrik Ekenberg
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract