Message Boards Message Boards

StructuredSelection not working, why?

Posted 9 years ago

Hello I need to use the attribute StructuredSelection in some cells but it does not seem to work. I need it to develope palettes for manipulating algebra expressions.

I tried either to change the cell properties, the notebook properties or the global properties, but in no case I succeeded having a cell with StructuredSelection working. I also tried to create a cell (with a code copied from a notebook I made few years ago, for which StructuredSelection worked with Mathematica 3.0), here is the code:

NotebookWrite[ InputNotebook[], Cell[ BoxData["a+b*c"], "Input", CellGroupingRules -> { "SubSectionGrouping", 30}, CellEditDuplicate -> True, CellEvaluationDuplicate -> True, Evaluatable -> True, GeneratedCell -> True, StructuredSelection -> True, CellLabel -> "Inizio", ShowCellLabel -> True, CellLabelAutoDelete -> False]]

With this code I get a cell with the content "a+b*c" where it shouldn't be possible to select "a+b", but actually it is possible.

Could it be because I am using Mathematica on a Raspberry pi (Linux ARM (32-bit))? I hope that is not the case!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Michele

POSTED BY: Michele Cerulli
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract