|
3 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Professional Raspberry Pi Zero Cluster

Posted 8 years ago

A japanese company is working in a Raspberry Pi Zero cluster with 16 nodes, in a very small board.

I guess we will be able to work with Mathematica and WL on it, hope gridMathematica works on it in the future... while we can't run Mathematica Kernel at a videogame consoles at home ( Mathematica at PS3, PS4, XBOX ).

Board

This is What a 16 Raspberry Pi Zero Cluster Board Looks Like

Raspberry Pi Zero cluster packs a punch

Idein

POSTED BY: Daniel Carvalho
3 Replies

As a matter of fact for a home/hobby HPC, or even for development environment, just one standard PC gamer board with GPU would be faster than any set of Pis.

The cool thing here is to set something cheap and didactical I guess, for class, IoT, and practical tests. Moreover there is the question of low power requirement, small size and price. This is a powerful idea, it gonna evolve!

I saw someware that this board to set the 16 Pi Zeros would costs around US$ 100,00...

If a powerful HPC is needed try something such as NVIDIA Tesla or that crazy thing from Facebook:

NVIDIA Tesla

Facebook AI GPU Server from hell!!!

As it runs Linux I think we will be able to run Mathematica and the CUDALink. But it can be price depending on your project/budget.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Daniel Carvalho

My mails regarding Gridmanager to Wolfram remain unanswered till today, same as my post in the forum here.

Btw, why don't simply use 4 faster (!) Pi2's? The only advantage I can see for this board is that you possibly have some more ram.

POSTED BY: Michael Steffen

Yes, nice board, the company is actually needs that to develop a Raspberry Pi module called the Actbulb for computational sensing and data analysis. In order to perform internal testing they decided to make things easier by developing a board to allow them to plug in sixteen Raspberry Pi Zeros. Another link: RASPBERRY PI ZERO CLUSTER PACKS A PUNCH and image:

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract