Message Boards Message Boards

GeoGraphics on Raspberry Pi 3: no Albers projection?

Posted 8 years ago

Hello. On an RPI3, I am entering this in a new Mathematica notebook :

GeoGraphics[GeoRange -> "World", GeoProjection -> "Albers"]

And getting this:

GeoGraphics::bgnd: Unable to construct geo background for the given input and style StreetMapNoLabels.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I took the syntax from an example I read. If I enter "Robinson" as the projection type, all is OK. Can anybody please advise?

Thanks.

POSTED BY: Peter Green
6 Replies
Posted 8 years ago

I'm a relative newcomer to both the Wolfram and Raspberry Pi ecosystems, and was just playing around to see what was possible. I guess I'll just chalk this up as a failed experiment.

Thanks to you both for your investigations and comments.

Hi,

is it possible that 10.4 does not yet exist for the Raspberry Pi? It appears that on the Desktop version (OSX ) also in 10.3.1 the Albers projection works just fine. Is it a Raspberry issue?

Gianluca, are you on a Raspberry or a PC/Mac?

Best wishes, Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

I am on a Mac. Both 10.3.1 and 10.4 work fine for me on the example.

POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni

Hmmm, I tried now with version 10.3.1 on MacIntosh, and it works without problems. Sorry, I can't help you any further.

Posted 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback Gianluca.

I've checked my internet connection on both the Pi and another machine, and it seems OK. I tried your revised syntax, and now get grid lines, but no countries(!). For the avoidance of doubt, I am using 10.3.1.0.

It works ok on my system (version 10.4). You may have an internet connection problem. Try without background:

GeoGraphics[GeoRange -> "World", GeoProjection -> "Albers", 
 GeoBackground -> None, GeoGridLines -> Automatic]
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract