|
5 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

[?] 10.4 upgrade broke customized context menu

Posted 8 years ago

Under Mathematica 10.3 I had customized the context menu to include "Copy as Bitmap" for "GraphicsBox" and "Image" selections by inserting a line

MenuItem["Copy as &Bitmap",  FrontEndExecute[ FrontEndToken[FrontEnd`SelectedNotebook[], "CopySpecial", "MGF"]]]

in the appropriate places in the file $InstallationDirectory\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\TextResources\ContextMenus.tr

The same does no longer work under 10.4. What has changed? Has anybody else had that problem?

POSTED BY: Martin Rommel
5 Replies
Posted 7 years ago

In Version 11.1.0.0 it works again :-)

Posted 8 years ago

Danke for the link. I get your point, but my actual problem is missing the "Copy as &Bitmap". I am curious if it works on the Mac or under Linux. I have not had much time to experiment so far.

Cheers, Martin

Posted 8 years ago

I updated the new Text Resource in the 10.4 directory, namely

C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\10.4\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\TextResources\ContextMenus.tr

How would I modify a context menu in the init.m file?

You probably can't I meant something different.

Instead of messing with Installation Directory you can modify/copy appriopriate files in/to UserBaseDirectory and safely edit them. Moreover, UserBaseDirectory is version independent (usually).

So the point is, keep ContextMenus.tr in UserBaseDirectory / SystemFiles / FrontEnd / TextResources / ContextMenus.tr.

For example, here is the analogical procedure of customizing MenuBar with additional items by moving and editing appriopriate files:

http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/a/109396/5478

POSTED BY: Kuba Podkalicki

InstallationDirectory has changed from 10.3 to 10.4. If you want to keep customized items across minor releases put them in analogical places inside $UserBaseDirectory.

POSTED BY: Kuba Podkalicki
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract