Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How do you figure out what is consuming my cloud storage?

Posted 8 years ago

My account is consuming 33Gb of cloud storage, but I don't know how to list all the objects in storage and how large they are.

POSTED BY: Wayne Allen

Here's something that works perfectly for me. For me it runs much faster in the Cloud than on the desktop, 3 seconds vs. 30 seconds, and clearing caches made little difference.

displayColumns = {"Path", "FileByteCount", "FileType", "LastAccessed"};
cloudObjectsDS = Dataset[(First[CloudObjectInformation[#]]) & /@ CloudObjects[]];
sortedAndFiltered = (SortBy[cloudObjectsDS, (#["FileByteCount"]) &] // Reverse)[[All, displayColumns]]

The steps are:

1. Use CloudObjects[] to get a list of all your cloud objects; there are also options to filter by particular types.
  2. Map over the list with CloudObjectInformation. The first part of each item in the result list is the association containing the data we're interested in.
  3. Sort by the file byte count, reversing to show the largest first, and then filtering to show the columns we're most interested in; your choices here might be different of course.

A more verbose version, breaking the process down more explicitly into the sub-steps:

cloudObjects = CloudObjects[];
displayColumns = {"Path", "FileByteCount", "FileType", "LastAccessed"};
cloudObjectsDS = Dataset[(First[CloudObjectInformation[#]]) & /@ cloudObjects];
sortedByFileSize = SortBy[cloudObjectsDS, (#["FileByteCount"]) &] // Reverse;
sortedAndFiltered = sortedByFileSize[[All, displayColumns]] 

Note that we've retrieved all the information for the cloud objects, filtering only at the last step; if we're really only interested in the file size, we might be able to shave off a bit of time and memory use by grabbing only the relevant columns, but I didn't see much of a difference when experimenting with that.

Edit: minor code change to avoid scrolling

POSTED BY: Michael Hamel
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract