Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Workbench internal error while opening notebooks (update)

Posted 8 years ago

Update: Are those session parameters incorrect for a 64-bit environment?

I have Mathematica 10.3 installed on my work Windows 7 (64-bit) computer, and Workbench was downloaded and installed last week. When I attempt to open any notebook within the workbench, I get this:

An internal error occurred during: "FrontEnd Job::Open Notebook".
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.wolfram.jlink.NativeLink.MLOpenString(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)J
    at com.wolfram.jlink.NativeLink.MLOpenString(Native Method)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.NativeLink.<init>(NativeLink.java:113)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.MathLinkFactory.createMathLink0(MathLinkFactory.java:263)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.MathLinkFactory.createMathLink(MathLinkFactory.java:190)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.MathLinkFactory.createKernelLink0(MathLinkFactory.java:167)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.MathLinkFactory.createKernelLink(MathLinkFactory.java:65)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.MathLinkInitializer.<init>(MathLinkInitializer.java:23)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.MathLinkInitializer.initMathLink(MathLinkInitializer.java:46)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.FrontEndLink.connectToFrontEnd(FrontEndLink.java:562)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.FrontEndLink.openNotebookImpl(FrontEndLink.java:817)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.FrontEndLink$NotebookQueueElement.run(FrontEndLink.java:1194)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.utilities.JobQueue$Worker.run(JobQueue.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Session Data:
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_05
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

The Eclipse version is apparently 3.5.1.

I did not perform the installation myself (I do not have admin.) I would check the system requirements if I could find them listed somewhere.

Help in getting it working would be appreciated.

POSTED BY: Andrew Raybould
3 Replies

Same problems here.

Agreed. Workbench 2 is many years old, which makes it unsuitable as an IDE when developing substantial Wolfram language applications in a group. Wolfram developers have confirmed that they use a more recent version internally, and that it is mainly a matter of packaging and publishing this version in order to make it publicly available. Doing so is important since it would make the transition from front end-based to IDE-based development much easier.

POSTED BY: Peter Heemeijer

I had the same problem. I mailed wolfram with the kind request to send me Workbench 3, and so they did. Solved some of the problems between Workbench 2 and Mathematica 10.3+.

Still it would be nice to have a new release of workbench (which they probably use internal...)

POSTED BY: Frank Martin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract