Message Boards Message Boards

Computer Vision functions of Wolfram are not executable on Raspberry Pi 2

Posted 8 years ago

I am interested to use Computer Vision functions of Mathematica on Raspberry Pi 2 board

https://reference.wolfram.com/language/guide/ComputerVision.html

But when I tried to implement the first function "FindFaces" on my Raspberry Pi 2 board I get error "FindFaces is not yet available on Linux-ARM"

I want to know if all the computer vision functions mentioned on Mathematica website can be implemented on Raspberry Pi 2 board or not ?

Please reply ASAP

POSTED BY: Steven Fernandes
2 Replies
Posted 8 years ago

Does currently not supported mean it will someday be supported? Dr. Wolfram's initial blog post stated: "The command-line Wolfram Language is quite zippy on the Raspberry Pi. The full notebook interface to Mathematica—requiring as it does the whole X Window stack—can be a trifle sluggish by modern standards (and we had to switch a few things off by default, like our new Predictive Interface, because they just slowed things down too much). But it’s still spectacular: the first time Mathematica has been able to run at all on anything like a $25 computer. (Note from me: the Mathematica benchmark on the RPI 3 is > 50 times slower than a modern laptop)

And it’s the whole system. Nothing is left out. All 5000+ Wolfram Language functions. All capabilities of Mathematica and its notebook interface."

With the picam, the Vision/Image system would be fabulous for robotics and I hope it gets going

POSTED BY: david p

Currently ComputerVision functions are not supported on Raspberry Pi

POSTED BY: Damanjit Singh
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract