GROUPS:

PRESSURE GAUGE to PLOT - a practical case of field data acquisition

Posted 2 years ago
|
1 Reply
|
11 Total Likes
|

I would like to share with the community a presentation I made, demonstrating the use of the Wolfram Language image processing and machine learning capabilities on the reading of an analogical field instrument.

I'm just posting a small part of the presentation, but you can find the whole notebook, plus some pre-processed files (~80 mb), at the end of the post.

Starting with the film footage of a pressure gauge, the presentation guides the audience through the dial value acquisition process (image processing -> machine learning -> plotting the results).

The following film is used for the demonstration (adapted from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl2pa7pmES4):

enter image description here

After some ImageAlign, ImageTrim and masking (details in the notebook), we end up with a stable image:

I then proceed to the extraction of the dial (removing the background):

and profit to show a nice 3D time evolution image of the dial position:

At this stage, a set of training images is prepared (similar to what is presented here, but based on the manipulation of the extracted dial of the real film footage), and a prediction function is trained:

A nice output panel is created at the end, showing the process steps' results:

I invite you to download the presentation, where you will find many more details (including the entire code and other surprises ;-)

I hope you enjoy,

Pedro

Presentation notebook plus pre-processed files (~80 mb)

Just the presentation notebook (~0.6 mb)

enter image description here - you earned "Featured Contributor" badge, congratulations !

This is a great post and it has been selected for the curated Staff Picks group. Your profile is now distinguished by a "Featured Contributor" badge and displayed on the "Featured Contributor" board.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract