Message Boards Message Boards

Installing XFCE might trigger architecture check failure

On my RPi v2 running 10.3, I recently installed XFCE4 and then used sudo update-alternatives --config x-session-manager to switch over to the new desktop environment. At this point, I noticed that mathematica fails with a reference to "/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libXmu.so.6" Switching back to LXDE does not solve the problem. Wolfram works so it is not making the same checks as the FrontEnd. Removing xfce4 (I could not remove all of the packages installed by running sudo apt-get install xfce4) did not resolve the problem. This RPi boots to the desktop automatically. I do have another RPi (also a v2 running 10.3) that boots to the console with autologin to the Pi user, and this user starts X in the .bash_profile. Under these conditions, XFCE is working w/o a problem.

It looks as if I have somehow trashed libXmu.so.6 in one of my configurations. I'd prefer not to reflash this SD card. Is there a way to restore Mathematica?

POSTED BY: BoB LeSuer

Having thought for about 30 seconds, sudo apt-get install --reinstall libxmu6 does the trick

POSTED BY: BoB LeSuer
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract