Message Boards Message Boards

[?] Problems with line drawing using VertexColors?

Dear all,

trying to draw a simple graphics showing a line of a certain thickness and using VertexColors I am facing problems. Here a distilled example:

nn = 10;
rp = RandomReal[{-50, 50}, {nn, 2}];
rc = RandomColor[nn];
Graphics[{Thickness[.05], Line[rp, VertexColors -> rc]}]

This gives e.g.:

enter image description here

What am I doing wrong??? (Actually I encountered this effect using GeoGraphics and GeoPath - my GPS tracks are looking quite ugly now! With MM v10.3 everything was nice ...)

$Version
(*  Out=   "10.4.1 for Linux x86 (64-bit) (April 11, 2016)"  *)

Many thanks for any hint -- Henrik

POSTED BY: Henrik Schachner
5 Replies

Dear all,

I just installed Mathematica 11.1 - and found the above problem solved !!! Many, many thanks to WR - I really appreciate that!

Best regards -- Henrik

enter image description here

Dear @Sander Huisman and @Gianluca Gorni , thank you for your response!

... they are working on a new 'graphics system' ...

Yes, I had understood that from previous discussions. This was exactly the reason why I had waited for a version XX.X.1, because I thought that by then those really not very hidden problems migth be solved. Needless to say that I furthermore am experiencing a considerable slowdown in 3D functionalities as well. Introducing a prerelease system - as you proposed some time ago - would definitely be a good idea! I do understand that things are complicated (or at least not as easy as customers typically envision), but if functionalities stop working after paying for an upgrade is frustrating.

Best regards -- Henrik

Introducing a prerelease system - as you proposed some time ago - would definitely be a good idea!

Not sure if I'm at liberty to say (i think so), but they will.

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman

I noticed the very same problem, they are working on a new 'graphics system'. I guess we have to wait for the newest version. I fixed it temporarily by drawing Point with the same color at each corner... ugly, I know... but well.... (Mac OSX El capitan)

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman

It seems that VertexColors fails to coordinate with CapForm and JoinForm:

nn = 10;
rp = RandomReal[{-50, 50}, {nn, 2}];
rc = RandomColor[nn];
Graphics[{Thickness[.05], CapForm["Round"], JoinForm["Round"], 
  Line[rp, VertexColors -> rc]}]
POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract