|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Include plot legend in exported plot?

Posted 8 years ago

I can plot multiple functions in the same plot and identify them with plot legends. But the legends are not part of the plot graphic so that I lose the identifying information when I save the plot for use elsewhere. How can I include the plot legends with the plot?

POSTED BY: Mike Luntz
3 Replies
Posted 8 years ago

Yes -- Export works. Also, If you want to use right-click you can apply Rasterize to the plot and you get a raster image that includes the legend. You can do copy-paste with that.

POSTED BY: David Keith
Posted 8 years ago

Thanks for the help James.The key to the solution was using Export, which I was not doing. I had been plotting the graphic and then right clicking on it and selecting "save as" ( which did not work because the plot in the notebook did not include the legend).

POSTED BY: Mike Luntz
Posted 8 years ago

What version are you using? If you're using the old external legends package, then that would be the case, but in the current versions where the legends are native to all the plot functions (including ListPlot etc.) they will export as part of the plot. I'm attaching a sample, and some exported output for reference.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: James Burdette
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract