Message Boards Message Boards

Deploy a form to the Wolfram platform?

Hi,

I try to deploy an Embed form as an iframe to my website. Just recently upgraded to "EXPLORER" plan hoping that there is no restriction on deployments. However, when I push my app to the cloud I am not able to see my form online. In local machine works well. Works also properly if I am logged in to my Wolfram Development platform and load my page with the form.

What can be the reason? Should I upgrade my Wolfram Development Platform to the next level, as "DEVELOPER"?

Wolfram Development Platform pricing

Thank you.

BR, Balazs

POSTED BY: Balazs Kisfali
3 Replies

I find that sometimes it is the website that has some restrictions on iframes and references to external resources. But if that's not the issue, you might need to set the form as public if you don't want to have to be concerned about signing in. Use SetPermissions for this:

SetPermissions[obj, "Public"]

where obj is the link to your Cloud object (e.g. CloudObject["https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxx"]). You also might want to check your HTML/CSS as well. Note that if you are using HTML5 on your website, the old way of specifying the properties of the iframe is depreciated.

Here is an example of deployed and embedding a web form:

CloudDeploy[FormFunction[{"size" -> "Number"}, Style["Hello, world", #size] &, "PNG"], Permissions -> "Public"]

Then take the URL that is returned, and put it into the iframe:

<iframe class="form" src="https://www.wolframcloud.com/objects/5cddd73e-5bb8-46f5-844d-c4417941383d"></iframe>

See the example on JSFiddle.

POSTED BY: Brian Lee

Hi Brian Lee, Sorry for the late reply, ...I have set the permission to Public and now it works fine. Now I have the EXPLORER plan, so I cannot check if it would work with the FREE plan? Anyhow, I plan to keep this plan, I guess this is the correct way. Thanks

POSTED BY: Balazs Kisfali

Perhaps you could post your code and a screenshot of its output?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract