Message Boards Message Boards

[WSS16] Algebra Feedback System

Posted 8 years ago

I developed a system that provides students feedback on their work for mathematics classes. The difference between the system I developed and other systems already in use is that my system provides feedback on more than just whether or not the student's final answer is correct or incorrect. The system provides feedback on single variable equations with zero, one, or infinitely-many solutions. The Microsite initially asks the student for the question they are currently working on, checks the entered question to be sure it is a question the system can return feedback on, then proceeds to provide input lines for the student to enter their work checking each line along the way to make sure it is mathematically equivalent to the previous line of work. When the student gives a correct final answer a summary of their work is displayed. The response from the system allows students to be aware of when their work is not longer mathematically correct and stops them from moving further along in the question.

Below are some screen shots of the working system:

Main Page

Incorrect Response

Continued Correct Response

Final Result

POSTED BY: Andrea Griffin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract