|
|
12 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

RandomChoice[] and RandomInteger[] issues

Valeriu, thank you for checking it up on Windows. I experimented with the code a bit more and it seems that on Mac OS X adding this

ListPlot[Sort@Tally[population], Filling -> Axis, 
PlotRange -> {{0, 1}, {0, numberOfPlayers}}, PlotTheme -> "Detailed"]

is fine but adding this

Dynamic[ListPlot[Sort@Tally[population], Filling -> Axis, 
  PlotRange -> {{0, 1}, {0, numberOfPlayers}}, 
  PlotTheme -> "Detailed"]]

repeatedly breaks the code. Could you run the code on Windows with the above bit included?

POSTED BY: Michal Ramsza
12 Replies

Are you planning to write a separate post explaining your notebook and research?

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie

You are welcome!

I have now official confirmation from Wolfram support that there is some problem with the interplay of RandomInteger[] and dynamic features. The code seems to work fine on Development Cloud. Also, I checked the results with published papers and other approximations done through differential equations. All results are consistent so the problem is not with core Mathematica but additional things like Dynamic[]. Thank you for the help. If I have any information I will share it.

Thank you for the help. I will put the whole post later today.

It would be actually interesting to see a full post about explaining everything step by step. Not in the notebook but in the body of the post. Maybe more people will get interested.

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie

Agree!

This will work since number of players is always 10 times the number of pure strategies (but the simulation doesn't make sense). So in a way, this code samples only part of population but several times (random).

Michal, I have found some errors in the code. It has inconsistency. Nevertheless, I have highlighted my findings. They are in the attached nb file. It seems that the piece of code related to the generation of payoffs must be verified.

Attachments:

I have done a modification

randomOpponents = 
  RandomInteger[{1, numberOfStrategies}, numberOfPlayers];

and the code works even it still generates errors. It seems that the algorithm must be revised.

I have done some experiments up to t <= 35 000. Nice code. But there is somewhere an error in the code and it must be found.

Valeriu, I attach the notebook. Thank you for help.

Attachments:

Michal, Unfortunately I can't run the code because the moderation team deleted the content of this discussion. I didn't save the code on my computer.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract