Message Boards Message Boards

Wolfram Graphics commands not working in the Raspbian Jessie?

Posted 8 years ago

I have loaded the latest Raspbian Jessie release and all updates. Wolfram graphics commands still only give the word -Graphic- as output. Example test input Graphics[Disk [ ] ] should give a black disk. It gives -Graphic- The same is true for any other graphing or plotting command. Why? How do I fix this?

POSTED BY: Meyer Katzper
4 Replies

I have gone to http://support.wolfram.com/kb/12490 This Wolfram Support Article does address my question : Why does the Wolfram System return “–Graphics–” instead of an image? However, the answer is given for Windows and Linux, to navigate to Edit ? Preferences. The preferences on Raspberry Pi do not provide this option "Format type of new output cells Change the value to StandardForm" So what can I do on the Raspberry Pi ?

The plot thickens (pun intended). I attempted to get graphics via Mathematica. I tried Graphics[Disk[]] and got
Failure Query timed out. Click to retry. {{ Failure list that I cannot copy} However, ListPlot[{{1,1},{2,2},{3,3},{4,4}}] worked and ListPlot[Prime[Range[25]]] also worked. Circle[ {1,1},4] gave listing outputs that did not make sense So it is a problem. Graphics[Polygon[{{1, 0}, {0, Sqrt[3]}, {-1, 0}}]] gave message Failure Query timed out . This is the case for all Graphics commands. PS - Exactly this graphics question appears in support.wolfram/kb/12490 but the answer is not applicable to Raspberry Pi.

Are you using a front-end or just terminal?

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman

I click on the Wolfram Icon and it starts in the terminal with the message; Wolfram Language (Raspberry Pi Pilot Release) Copyright 1988-2016 Wolfram Research Information & help: wolfram.com/raspi

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract