Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
2 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Manipulation and removal of Morphological Components from an Image?

Posted 8 years ago

Please view the sample image below where each morphological component has been labeled with a number at its centroid. Labled Morphological Components that require manipulation

If I wanted to programmatically remove a given component, such as 34, how would I do that?

Additionally, is it possible to perform manipulation on individual morphological components, such as rotation?

If I wanted to rotate components 2 and 3 would that be possible? Would the interior components rotate with the components they are contained within?

DeleteSmallComponent and DeleteLargeComponent functions are not general enough for my purposes, as there are a large number of images to be processed, and it is not known whether a morphological component that requires manipulation will be large or small.

It's my 2nd day with Wolfram, I have consumed as much as the documentation as I can today, but I wanted to see if someone could help.

Thanks for your time.

POSTED BY: B M
2 Replies
Posted 8 years ago

Marcus, this is very helpful, but I'm still having some issues. I think maybe I do not fully understand the "Count" criteria. Why is "Count" -1 the largest ? In a ComponentsMeasure[Image, "Count"] what is the order of the output?

Additionally, what type of value is the "Count" Property? Some of the sample output for my image is: 34 -> 109, 35 -> 115, 36 -> 110 . But I am unsure of what the 109, 115 and 110 represent.

When I do a SelectComponents[segments, "Count", 34] on my provided sample image It actually selects components labled 14, 25, and 27. Why is that?

Here is my workbook.

Thank you for the assistance.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: B M

Here are a few hints on how to implement your workflow:

1. Select morphological components via SelectComponents. You can specify any kind of criteria.
  2. Remove a morphological component via Inpaint. The result of (1) would function as a mask.
  3. Rotate a morphological component via ImagePerspectiveTransformation. The "Centroid" could be the center of rotation.
  4. Insert a transformed morphological component back into the original image via morphological ImageCompose.

See attached notebook for details.

Hope this helps to get you started.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Markus van
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract