Message Boards Message Boards

Password for remote development on Rasp Pi?

Posted 8 years ago

Running Mathematica 11 on Home PC. When I configure Remote Dev for Rasp Pi and then attempt to execute the Pi Test & Example Notebook on PC it asks for Password for Remote Development. I have tried various passwords but do not know exactly what it is seeking. Also I get a message that

"SSH encountered a network error while launching kernel 'Raspberry Pi'. Error Code = 300."

Any suggestions ? Thank you. Jerry.

POSTED BY: Jerry G
Posted 8 years ago

This is an update to my prior post of 10 days ago.

I got the Remote Development to work by launching a notebook on the PC and then going to the Evaluation tab and choosing Kernel Configuration Options. There were dozens of entries for raspberrypi. I deleted them all (had to do it one-by-one). Then I went to Palettes and chose Remote Development Control Panel and chose Configure Pi Connection. Configured with IP Address and login name. When I initiated a notebook it launched the raspberry pi kernel on the Raspberry Pi machine and then asked me for the password for user "pi". I entered the password and it launched successfully. Am guessing that an incorrect kernel configuration was being used time-after-time.

All is well. Thanks to all who viewed my post. No one replied but even the 'views' gave me the impetus to keep trying.

Jerry G.

POSTED BY: Jerry G
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract