Message Boards Message Boards

Make your C++ legacy code private cloud accessible with EPC?

I read the latest Blog: Announcing Wolfram Enterprise Private Cloud and browsing for more info I noticed the quote below as benefit of EPC. Anybody aware of how this works or what is it's real meaning. There is a lot of C++ code indeed but how could it be hosted in the EPC?

Make your C++ legacy code private cloud accessible Because EPC offers a hub for your computation and code solutions throughout your organization, it easily enables legacy code such as C++ to be delivered through modern cloud infrastructure—including benefits like enforced code updates.

POSTED BY: l van Veen

The EPC runs in a standard Linux virtual machine and you have full root access to it. So you can just link your C++ code to the Mathematica Kernel by LibraryLink or WSTP or RunProcess. All you need is a compile (g++ or a commercial one) and you are good to go.

Since it is also possible to call Fortran code by either LibraryLink or through C by using the new standardized way (https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gfortran/Interoperability-with-C.html) to call Fortran from C, it is also possible to call existing Fortran code from Mathematica (through WSTP). I have experimented along these lines some time ago and while a bit cumbersome to set up, it just works fine (on Linux and even on Windows (even more cumbersome, but possible)).

POSTED BY: Rolf Mertig
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract