Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
6 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Importing and processing .wav files with Version 11?

Posted 8 years ago

I just upgraded from Mathematica version 10 to version 11. I had written a notebook with version 10 that imported a .wav file and did some processing with it. When I tried this notebook with version 11 it would not load the .wav file correctly. In fact if help is accessed in version 11 the example given there for importing a .wav file won't work either. Suggestions?

John Reed

POSTED BY: John Reed
6 Replies
Posted 8 years ago

I tried my test again. Same result. Everything works fine down through ListPlay. When I execute the Audio statement, I get a beep, but no sound, and all the previous results are erased. It ends up as if I just opened the notebook. This was working until two days ago. Maybe corrupted Mathematica code?

Works fine for me!

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Posted 8 years ago

Audio worked for me a couple times, but now it's not working. I have attached a small notebook file that you can look at. Maybe you can spot an error somewhere.

Attachments:
Posted 8 years ago

Thanks. That works. Can the new audio-object routines be used on this "Data" set?

Most (all?) of the Audio* functions work on audio objects.

Using AudioData you can convert audio to data, and using Audio you can do the inverse.

Probably you want to access the data:

Import[filename,"Data"]

rather than an audio-object, which is new to version 11 (and the default import method).

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract