Message Boards Message Boards

$DateStringFormat error message when using any Date function in the Cloud

Posted 8 years ago

Every time I use some date function in Wolfram Cloud, e.g. Now I get this error message: enter image description here

I get this every time and in every browser, iPhone Wolfram Cloud app too, and by just creating a new notebook in Development Platform and entering the function Now. Does anyone get the same? What can I do to get rid of the messages? I have Swedish locale on my devices.

Also, Wolfram Cloud Dashboard does not work because of this:

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Peter Sjogren
3 Replies

I get the same error message in the Dashboard as you mentioned. It don't do any difference if I assign $DateStringFormat to "DateTime" in a notebook.

I got the same problem in Wolfram Development Platform as well, for example when using "TradingChart", and reported this to Wolfram Technical Support in mid September. It seems that they already know this problem.

One fix that works for me is to redefine $DateStringFormat to something else, e.g.

$DateStringFormat = "DateTime"

(For what's it worth, I have Swedish locale as well.)

Posted 8 years ago

Thanks HÃ¥kan!

Yes, that workaround does it for me too in a document. Other things like the Wolfram Cloud Dashboard I can't get to work at all. I suspect that the date issue is the cause for that. Can you get Dashboard to work, i.e. to show something other than an error when you press the link?

POSTED BY: Peter Sjogren
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract