Message Boards Message Boards

Use Wolfram Cloud to create microservices for enterprise application?

Posted 8 years ago

Is there any paper or specification about how to use Wolfram Languague and Wolfram Cloud to create microservices for enterprise application?

Microservices

In a microservices architecture, services should have a small granularity and the protocols should be lightweight. A central microservices property that appears in multiple definitions is that services should be independently deployable. The benefit of distributing different responsibilities of the system into different smaller services is that it enhances the cohesion and decreases the coupling. This makes it easier to change and add functions and qualities to the system at any time. It also allows the architecture of an individual service to emerge through continuous refactoring, and hence reduces the need for a big up-front design and allows for releasing software early and continuously.

POSTED BY: Daniel Carvalho
3 Replies

Hopefully right out of the box, your client ap servers should to able to integrate Wolfram Cloud backend IA services, which would include authentication of Wolfram Cloud objects, etc.

Thanks for those interesting examples Christopher!! :-)

It would be good to have manual and best practices about Wolfram Cloud in general, but with microservices in focus about: how to integrate it with my SOA architecture, and my backend services for enterprise.

I found this interesting service:

One Login

It helps to integrate in terms of security. And so, how can I integrate security with my LDAP or MS AD and ACL to services I will add at Wolfram Cloud??

How to integrate and make calls from Oracle Weblogic, IBM Websphere, Apache Tomcat, Microsoft .NET/C# and Redhat JBOSS to Wolfram Cloud?? Those are the ap servers we usually find in our clients. What are the best way to control security, integrations, messages, and so on...

With Mathematica 11 I see a good potential to use Wolfram Cloud for IA backend services. Many clients are not keen to add a new language at their portfolios, the idea is to concentrate in less platforms to simplify management, but as a service sounds good to use Wolfram Language.

POSTED BY: Daniel Carvalho

Wolfram Cloud microsites would be an example of a microservice that is exposed to the public and could also be part of a microservice architecture that captures potential Wolfram customer information. Here’s some microsite “how it works” documentation:

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract