Message Boards Message Boards

problem: Mathematica 11.0.1 does not let me select Font using frontend

Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 8 years ago

i'm using Mathematica 11.0.1 (the only upgrade so far, the latest). i'm using a relatively new iMac with latest Sierra (one update behind)

i go to format and it lets me select size but not Font, "Show Font" is greyed out, always, all notebooks i open

I'm wondering if anyone who uses 11.0 (on iMac) can select fonts, if it's just my machine that is somehow badly updated by remote "upgrade images".

i need to select courier for NON-PROPORTIONAL fonts for a document "view" that is laid out for thousands of such elements (no small change will fix - i need a historically reliable and compatible and available font; Courier). it's a periodic table with allot of data on it all specially laid out for compact printing purposes. i had thought mathematica, reading it's book, was saying it would be a good tool for doing so since it had "so many standards" and such - but i'm wondering - nearly nothing that worked in old Mathematica works - the work i have to do to repair is just ... horrific i hate re-doing things i already did

(off topic: i'm a bit worried several elements will need hacking because old Mathematica had "Math?Mono" fonts and unsure if compatiblity with new Mathematica fonts will exist, or if old fonts will be installable somehow (they are in old pdf, but that doesn't let me use them in newly laid out documents))

POSTED BY: Anonymous User
3 Replies
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 8 years ago

horay! temporary is great. thank you very much.

I'm quite sure that this is a temporary fix for Sierra users. In version 11.0.0 it would crash. in 11.0.1 it was disabled, in the next update it should be back to work. You can style strings in e.g. plots using Style and supplying a FontFamily option.

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Anonymous User
Anonymous User
Posted 8 years ago

(non-proportional, to be clear i mean a font which has a set width and height. (some fonts change size to fit the page, thus cannot be used for lining things up in a table))

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract