Message Boards Message Boards

Save cell options upon reopening notebook?

Posted 7 years ago

The problem is the following. I want to create a notebook with 4 cells. Assign each cell to a specific kernel and then run 4 tasks in parallel. When I do this manually everything is fine. However when i close the notebook, saving it, and reopen it, everything resets and i need to reassign the cells again. Is there a way to actually save the cell options?

Edit: I would like to correct myself. Notebook format .nb saves the setting, but creating a script with .m extension is not able to save kernel assignments.

POSTED BY: maxim pyzh
2 Replies
Posted 7 years ago

Thanks for the answer! I have now reformulated the code to parallel computation in order to use multiple cores within a package

POSTED BY: maxim pyzh

This is not possible in the form that you are wishing it. The reason why it works in a notebook (.nb) is that the underlying Notebook expression has embedded in it the kernel assignments inside of the Cell expression for the cells in question. in contrast, a package (.m) file is just comprised of the code that you are executing and it contains no additional information.

POSTED BY: David Reiss
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract