Message Boards Message Boards

Obtain natural language input box with a Swedish keyboard?

Posted 7 years ago

Hi, I have a trivial but annoying problem. To open the natural language input box I type an equal sign. This works very well if I start a line. However, if I e.g. want to put the box within a formula, I only get the equal sign, see attached example.

I have not been able to find a solution in these pages, I have tried all sorts of key combinations and also tried a different keyboard. I am using a Swedish keyboard, could that be the issue? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

Torbjörn

enter image description here

5 Replies
Posted 6 years ago

Hi all,

This worked for me. Once. Until I rebooted :-(

After that I have been unable to get Ctrl+= to respond. The switch keyboard layout is still set to "Not Assigned" (I even tried to change it to to other values and then back to Not Assigned, but to effect...)

Any other suggestions or similar experiences?

Kind regards, Mogens

POSTED BY: jallberg

That did it !!! Thank you very much, Ian

It all works very well with a US keyboard. However with The Swedish keyboard I'm unable to obtain the box within a line, only if I start a new line. The ctrl+= command simply doesn't work in-line. Could this be a bug? Of course I can switch keyboards while typing but I'm hoping for a simpler solution. Anyone else with "foreign" keyboard having similar issues?

If you have multiple keyboards installed, you might want to turn off the keyboard layout hot keys, which usurp Ctrl+Shift by default.

In Win10: Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Language > Advanced settings

Click on "Change language bar hot keys", select "Between input languages" , then click on "Change Key Sequence". Set the switch keyboard layout to "Not Assigned". Then try it in M-. That restored the behavior of Ctrl+= for me when using the Swedish layout.

POSTED BY: Ian Hojnicki
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract