Message Boards Message Boards

[WSS16] Simulating the Universe (an alternative approach)

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Jozsef Konczer
3 Replies

Hallo! I am new in this community and in this discussion, in particular. CA modelling of fundamental laws of physics is very interesting to me. I think NKS is full of exciting ideas which I study and try to reconsider step by step. During reading NKS I imagined that CA could be a link between physics and a model I had considered previously. Please take a look at my preprint https://arxiv.org/abs/1705.04376 which presents a link between an extended model based on CA ideas and some outcomes which can be non-trivial for physical systems. Please excuse that my model is loosely connected with yours but the idea of modelling basic physical objects is common. I hope that my comment could extend understanding of physical properties which you are writing about. I hope that the graph geometry which you are considering can be related to a 'geometry' of relations which I have presented in the mentioned paper.

POSTED BY: Marek Pietrow
Posted 7 years ago

I very much like that you are a string theory researcher who is willing to look at discrete models and I like that you are thinking in terms of a many-worlds interpretation and ER=EPR. I also like that you are thinking in terms of deterministic, not observer dependent many-world states.

The Penrose Interpretation has been related to ER=EPR and I think something like this could be used for choosing one of many branches for the many-worlds out of a superposition. I tend to think you are going to need a superposition of states, even a superposition of universe states with ER=EPR-like connections. The choosing of one-branch could be some kind of Penrose interpretation limit causing the loss of ER=EPR-like connections between worldlines/universe states.

I also like your idea of interpreting particles as higher dimension structures. I tend to think of the higher dimensional structures as information on the vertices with gravity CA on the links but really at each vertex at low energy there would be a structure to think about for the higher dimensions also.

If that emergent graph with a single rule idea doesn't work out, perhaps you could look at something like U(N) gauge theory on D-branes but with something like an E8 lattice for the discrete D-brane. For this I tend to think that the different branches at a vertex would be represented by different rules.

POSTED BY: John Gonsowski

enter image description here - you have earned "Featured Contributor" badge, congratulations !

This is a great post and it has been selected for the curated Staff Picks group. Your profile is now distinguished by a "Featured Contributor" badge and displayed on the "Featured Contributor" board.

POSTED BY: Moderation Team
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract