Message Boards Message Boards

Avoid problems with Free-Form Input and Spanish keyboard?

I am experiencing problems while typing in spanish keyboard mode. Specifically, when I type "Alt Gr + ]" which is the combination to get "]" character, the notepad is interpreting that I'm trying to open "Free-Form Input". This is really annoying because I cannot write a simple function without previously copying "[ ]" combination from another source. Is there a way to overcome this issue? Thanks in advance.

POSTED BY: Adriel Sosa
3 Replies

It would be useful to know which version of Mathematica you are using and the exact Spanish keyboard that is being used.

POSTED BY: Ian Hojnicki

Hi Adriel, I have no solution to your problem and I have a similar issue with the Swedish keyboard:

http://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/977279

Maybe there is a way to assign a certain key a specific output within Mathematica??

Regards

Torbjörn

Hi Torbjörn! Thank you for your feedback. The only solution I've found so far is to set the keyboard in the english mode. This is an awkward solution because you need to remember where the english keys are supossed to be while typing. I hope someone could provide some guidance for both of us. Regards,

POSTED BY: Adriel Sosa
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract