I am working as a researcher in a small group at the Saxonian Incubator for Clinical Translation (SIKT) in Leipzig, Germany. There, we analyse, quantify, and visualise multimodal, experimental data and we have planned, conducted and participated in a vast amount of research projects like tissue engineering, ophthalmology, dermatology and bioreactor development. Most of our work is done entirely with Mathematica.
I am a long time participant of the Mathematica site on StackExchange where I run under the name halirutan. The driving force behind this is most likely my love for teaching and explaining. Here are some of my posts you might enjoy
- Is it possible to improve Mathematica's auto-completion feature?
- Trying to visualize the Collatz conjecture
- How to make your eyes hurt
- Syntax highlighting for your own functions
- glueing QR codes on paper roles (here is an articles about it I wrote for
Beside my activity on StackExchange, I foster some open-source projects the largest of which is the Mathematica Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA. In addition to that, the code highlighting for Mathematica code on the WolframCommuniy is based on a plugin I wrote for google-code-prettify. Here is a small list you should check out
- Mathematica Plugin for IntelliJ IDEA, the best IDE ever
- Highlighter for Mathematica code on websites (repository is here)
- A Mathematica palette to share images and code easily. This is used as the official image uploader by many people on Mathematica.StackExchange for several years.
- Abusing others hard work to extend our own markup editor on mathematica.se
- Building a shutter control with Siemens LOGO (here is the repo on GitHub)