Message Boards Message Boards

Divide a triangle into fourths with greatest angle?

Posted 7 years ago

Hello everyone, I am doing the following experiment with triangles, the idea is the following, we take a triangle in space, for example the triangle with points A (0,0,0), B (0,60,0), C (80,0,0) then we look for the largest angle of said triangle, after analyze the angles of the triangle we see that the larger angle is what is at the point {0,0,0,}, subsequently we construct a straight line to the midpoint of the opposite side to the point {0,0,0}, finally we estimate the midpoints of the sides adjacent to the point {0,0,0} and the join by a straight line to the midpoint of the opposite side that we calculated above.

The way I have done it is the following, but the problem is that I do not understand why I have empty spaces between divided triangles as seen in the following image

empty space

holes

I hope someone can help me find the fault,I do not think there should be such holes. Please see the notebook add.

Greetings to all.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Luis Ledesma

Obviously the new triangles are not complanar with the plane of the very first triangle. Therefore you look through. If you could convince yourself to ease things as much as possible you would

thus avoiding any problems with complanarity.

POSTED BY: Udo Krause
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract