Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
9 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica Version 3.0 needed please - want to purchase.

Mathematica Version 3.0 needed please - want to purchase. Bill 760 253 5261

POSTED BY: Bill Depue
9 Replies
Posted 3 years ago

Hi Bill (or anyone interested),

I have Mathematica (Professional Edition) for Macintosh, complete in its' original box and comes with all the original documents. The item is unused (unregistered) so it is technically brand new but without the shrink-wrap. enter image description here enter image description here Please DM for anyone interested

POSTED BY: Andrew Ko
Posted 5 years ago

Hi Bill, I have Mathematica for students version 3.0 for Microsoft Windows in box. Wolfram Research. The essential tool for math and science learning. Please let me know if you are still interested.

POSTED BY: Nicole Brown
Posted 5 years ago

Hi Bill, I have Mathematica for students version 3.0 for Microsoft Windows in box. Wolfram Research. The essential tool for math and science learning. Please let me know if you are still interested.

POSTED BY: Nicole Brown

The author of this package talks about how to get it working with M10.3 on his website:

https://sites.google.com/site/eaamhl/downloads/aapackage

Are you sure you need M3.0 for it?

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát
Posted 6 years ago

Bill, Are you still looking for a copy of 3.0?

POSTED BY: T Wood

Did you try to see if the CD works with the current version? It might take an afternoon's work, but it is possible, as long as you have plain Mathematica notebooks. If the stuff was encrypted, forget it.

I have done this with some older notebooks, and it is tedious. The main versions that broke a lot of stuff are versions 3.0 and 6, and there was a tool in mathematic to update older versions. There is also documentation somewhere on the Wolfram site about what to do.

Thank you so much for trying George. I tried Wolfram sales - they pointed me here - told me to post a wanted ad... Worked since you saw it. This may not be so easy... I need to be able to run Exploring Abstract Algebra with Mathematica - 'Allen C. Hibbard' - an old CD from 1998 that will play nice with Mathematica 3.0

I'll be happy to pay $100 for Mathematica Version 3.0 - would like to purchase if you know of anyone you could split this amount - take half for a finders fee?

Thanks for responding to my inquiry. Bill 760 253 5261

POSTED BY: Bill Depue
Posted 6 years ago

I believe that I still have my CD for version 3. It was a student license for the linux version. I don't know if you'd be able to license it as a "student" or professional, but I will look for it today.

POSTED BY: Glen Deering

I'd suggest contacting Wolfram sales directly -- you'd need a license anyway. I'm pretty sure that they have, at the very least, disk images of all their products.

I'm not sure if this was the first release that came on a CD or not. I know that 2.2 was distributed on floppies.

I still have the book, but not the installation material.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract