|
6 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Problem with a simple 2D RC network

Dear Community,

I'm a newbie with SystemModeler. I try to simulate a simple 2D RC network, with a table lookup current source in one of the nodes - indicated by red. Obviously I make a mistake somewhere, because I get an error message upon trying to run the model. Could someone pls. have a look at it? (file attached.)

My second question is: how it would be possible to assign the rate schedule given in the attached Excel file to the table of the current source so SystemModeler can directly read it from there?

Tx for the kind help in advance, best regards Andras

POSTED BY: Andras Gilicz
6 Replies

Tx very much for the tip Jan :-)

best regards

Andras

Dear Neil,

You actually answered my question: there is no need for sensors, because node volateges can be examined (plotted) directly. The reason I asked is, because in another software probes must be placed to be able to see voltage. Now everything is clear. Tx for the kind help once again.

best regrads

Andras

Btw Andras, if you want to setup signals to plot by default you can easily do that. If you right click on a plot and select "Add Plot to Model..." you can give it a name (and if you want a group). Next time you simulate the model this plot will be available without needing to setup again. If you want it to show automatically you can set it to to "Preferred Plot...".

Adding plot to model

POSTED BY: Jan Brugard

Andras,

I do not understand exactly what you want. The sensors are optional -- you can examine any voltages without adding a voltage sensor.Maybe you should describe the ideal behavior you want. Are these nodes reused in other components?

Maybe show a simple example that highlights the desired or unwanted behavior.

Regards,

Neil

POSTED BY: Neil Singer

Dear Neil,

Thank you very much for the kind help. May I ask another small question? I would like to add more voltage sensors to some of the node components. Now if I do this, sensors appear immediately in all other components as well - I guess because they originate from the same class. Can I somehow avoid this, i.e. pick individual node components and just add a sensor to them? Or I have to specify a component for each kind of node: with or without sensor, with or without current source, and build the model from those?

best regards Andras

Andras,

The problem with your model is that you have a TableCurrent that is hooked up only on one side and a voltage sensor that is only connected on one side. The other side must reference a voltage (such as ground).

I added a ground and this model builds (although you could equally connect to the existing ground although the wires become messy).

enter image description here

As to your second question, you should change the tableCurrent to a CombiTable and a current source. CombiTable can load from various files (including ASCII and .Mat) you can easily change your .xls format into a compatible file. See the Help for the file details.

The model would look like this:

enter image description here

Regards,

Neil

POSTED BY: Neil Singer
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract