Message Boards Message Boards

New Wolfram Language introductory projects for the Raspberry Pi

I've been involved in the writing of ten activities for students to begin to use the Wolfram Language on their Raspberry Pi's (the same activities can be undertaken without a Pi on the Wolfram Cloud). I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has used them with students or their own sons/daughters.

Any feedback would be most welcome as we look to develop future projects (and make use of the new features in V12 on the RPi that is imminent)

You can find the projects here: https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects?software%5B%5D=wolfram

Here's a taster:

Which Harry Potter character do you look like?

In this project, students use images of Harry Potter characters to train their own AI facial recognition app. With a simple Import command, the Wolfram Language can import Google search images to train a classifier function: Classify training on Harry Potter The resulting classifier can be used to give a best guess at the Harry Potter character most likely to be shown in a photo. For example: Which Character?

Crossword solver

Students use pattern matching in word dictionaries to create an app that will suggest possible crossword answers.
WA They use WolframAlpha’s knowledge base to find possible word matches and create an interface to the user to type in patterns for their crossword: Crossword app

Face swap

In this project, students are able to start with an image of people they know, for example:
Origianl faces They use the Wolfram Language function FindFaces to extract and find the position of the faces in the image. They swap the positions and with a little tinkering at the edges, they ImageCompose to create this: Swapped faces

POSTED BY: Alec Titterton
Posted 5 years ago

Hello...

I have been trying to make the Debian Distro I use for the BeagleBone Black work w/ the Wolfram Language.

Anyway...I see that people are buzzing the idea around of making it work on the RPi.

If this RPi gets the updated content of the language, I would like to know how to produce similar results on my BBB.

I see that .wls files are a thing but are they a thing that my Debian Distro can recognize? If so, would promoting a refined package be accessible any time soon?

Seth

P.S. I think this is more than welcomed from many communities around the web right now, i.e. esp. on Debian w/ apt install wolframclient or something similar. Is this available?

POSTED BY: Seth N
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract