Message Boards Message Boards

Wolfram Engine and Wolfram One toolchain to me?

Posted 5 years ago

How do you create and run a Wolfram program in Wolfram One? Can you please explain the role of text editors, the Internet browser (eg, Chrome), and the Wolfram Server? I've been a Mathematica user for years - and I continue to have a license - and I code in F# using VS Code, but the path from idea to executable in Wolfram One is not at all clear to me.

Thanks for any help.

POSTED BY: Robert McCrory
5 Replies

Wolfram Engine does not include the notebook interface. It runs scripts and it has a command line REPL, like Python for instance.

Posted 5 years ago

From my point of view, Wolfram One to Mathematica is like Office 365 to Microsoft Suits (Office, Excel, ...) Let me know if i'm wrong.

POSTED BY: Jason Zhao
Posted 5 years ago

I was under the impression that Wolfram One is a way to write and run Wolfram code without having to use Mathematica. Am I wrong? Is anyone at Wolfram listening?

What you describe is the free Wolfram Engine (V 12).

Posted 5 years ago

Thank you so much for your reply. I looked up the Wolfram Engine and I see that I was confused. A question that maybe you can answer: When using the Engine, is the notebook interface available locally, or only on the cloud. Thanks again.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract