Message Boards Message Boards

Use FinancialData using Mathematica 9?

Posted 5 years ago

Hi, I am new to Mathematica, and trying to learn by trying the FinancialData Package to do some analysis. I am getting the following error while trying the package

FinancialData::conopen: No internet connection can be established to the data source. >>

Any help in this regard will help me in moving head with this wonderful platform. I am using Mathematica 9

Regards Kaushal

POSTED BY: Kaushal Pathak
2 Replies

While you can't use FinancialData with older versions of Mathematica, you might consider using the wolfram cloud, which will (I think) will allow you to try most of it out for free. https://www.wolframcloud.com/

Also, you might contact our customer support team if you think your license allows you to get a newer version of Mathematica. Sometimes universities and such distribute older versions by default, but their students have access to newer versions.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke

Kaushal,

Apologies, that error message could be more helpful. FinancialData now requires Mathematica 10.x or later as it relies on EntityValue to access data from the Wolfram|Alpha servers. Our previous data source for FinancialData is no longer available. I'm sure our customer support team would be very happy to talk to you regarding an upgrade.

Michael Feltes

POSTED BY: Michael Feltes
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract