5 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Information on new launch of Mathematica

Dear people of WRI,

as a customer for many years I always find it a bit strange if I have to learn by change (e.g. by community posts, saying that something is not working) that a new version of Mathematica was launched. I would find it nice to receive an email with that information, or some official community post with the respective announcement. What do you think?

As a side note: To me it appears to be excellent timing that 12.1 is launched just these days when Corona is paralysing virtually everything. I guess people have a bit more time now - and are in need of something positive and stimulating.

POSTED BY: Henrik Schachner
5 Replies

Ok, ok, ok, ok, ... I do see that just in my case there might be something odd - sorry!

So I will in future more frequently visit the Wolfram blog. "Social media" cannot reach me.

POSTED BY: Henrik Schachner

No problem!

We do like to contact everyone we can, when we release a new version :)

POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing

We do send emails (a lot of them, in waves). If you did not get one a number of things could have happened:

1. The email got caught in your spam filter (or the spam filter of your organization email server)
  2. We have an old or incorrect email for you
  3. You may have indicated in the past you prefer not to receive email from us

In case of 2 or 3, I would suggest contacting our Customer Service and they should be able to update or correct information.

Since do send email in waves it is possible you may yet receive an email.

The official announcementfor a new version is typically made on the company blog page:

https://blog.wolfram.com/2020/03/18/in-less-than-a-year-so-much-new-launching-version-12-1-of-wolfram-language-mathematica/

This announcement is typically cross-posted to social media as well, including Facebook, Twitter, and (I think) LinkedIn.

POSTED BY: Arnoud Buzing

They do send an email. Also when a new version is released there is a always new Stephen's blog on it:

https://blog.wolfram.com/2020/03/18/in-less-than-a-year-so-much-new-launching-version-12-1-of-wolfram-language-mathematica

POSTED BY: Kapio Letto

I did get many email, I think a total of 5 for various accounts and licenses.

–SH

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract