|
|
4 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Finite Elements FEM of a tea cup

Dear All, I recently saw a very nice example for the calculation of the Eigen-frequency of a tea cup, which made nice use of various Mathematica features, e.g. recording the sound on an iPhone and analyzing the audio. I would be very grateful, if somebody could provide me with a reference either here or or elsewhere. Thank you.

4 Replies

Does this MSE Link help?

POSTED BY: Tim Laska

Dear Tim, thank you very much for the reply. That is exactly the contribution, I was looking for. I had a look at a number of your very nice contributions on your website (?) but at that time I had found them while tackling an entirely different issue. Unluckily, I did not jot down your URL. Greetings Ernst

Hi, I wish I had them. Trust me, I searched whatever came to my mind for a few days before I sent this question. Recording the sound with a smart phone, analyzing the audio signal, determining a frequency of around 2 kHz, generating the mesh of a tea cup/mug but missing the handle, using FEM to determine the modes. In general making nice use of various Mathematica features.

Where have you seen it? Maybe a few details will help people to search for it.

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract