|
3 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Quantization of Spin

Posted 4 years ago

I listened to the Working Session on April 24th, and the discussion about spin. It seemed like most of the discussion of classical spin. A lot of time was spent discussing actual physical motion about an axis of a spatial graph.

Could not Quantized Spin for a fundamental particle be explained by having a small number of "forms" or geometries, and having evolution merely cycle through those forms?

I am thinking of objects like Gliders in Conway's Life. Could not an electron have only a small number of forms that repeat when the rules are applied - and that an observation will only catch the object in one of a small number of geometries?

POSTED BY: Barry Silverman
3 Replies
Posted 4 years ago

My research into the nature of spin is that spin is not a rotation of length, it is a temporal rotation. When a subatomic particle is "spinning" it is spinning between backward time and forward time. The subatomic particles of electron, proton, positron, and antiproton are half-spin because they spin in only the forward direction of time.

When one takes the time (pun intended) to realize that all physical matter of the entire physical Universe exists only in the present moment, and then realizes that all of this matter has a forward time trajectory, then it makes sense that matter is "spinning" only in the forward time direction.

This also implies strongly that there is a physical manifestation of backward time, but since our physical Universe as we see it is composed of only forward-time particles, we do not witness the backward time direction in the present moment.

This also implies that the temporal dimension is not one of linear time... a physical timeline that extends from a time in the past and goes to a time in the future. The implication is that the true temporal dimension is a frequency of forward-backward time.

Further, subatomic particles have the property of right or left spin, which differentiates between matter and antimatter. The right and left spin should then also be temporal dimensions (as opposed to a length dimension) and the right and left spins would refer to a twist in the forward-backward-time frequency.

As such, there would be two temporal dimensions; right-left-time spin and forward-backward-time spin.

We perceive linear time from the perspective of the present moment simply because all normal physical matter (left spin, forward time) is acting like a time-diode. The appearance of forward linear time is actually caused by a limitation of physical matter, itself, and within a broader five-dimensional coordinate system (space-resonance as opposed to space-time).

POSTED BY: David Thomson
Posted 4 years ago

I'm not sure if this is explicitly what you are looking for, but in a recent post I discussed a model of quantized spin starting from a simple model inspired by energy conservation. The link for this post is: https://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/1950309. In my recent comment, I delve deeper into the model and find a potential simple model for fermions and bosons if you're interested in such a thing.

POSTED BY: Phoenix Smith

If I understand correctly this goes to think of spin as a quantum measurement already, but there are spin measurements with a certain result (for example a $\hat{\sigma}_z$ on an electron with spin status $\left| \frac{1}{2}, \pm \frac{1}{2}\right>$. Furthermore, it does not explain why it behaves exactly like an angular momentum from any point of view (especially the addition of angular moments)

POSTED BY: Federico Pasqua
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract