MeshConnectivityGraph not working?

Posted 1 year ago
|
10 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
|

Hello,

I wonder anyone experiences the same problem. I tried to run the documentation example but not working. Basic Example

It is as if MeshConnectivityGraph command does not exist, telling from the way it is highlighted. (autocomplete works)

I am running Mathematica 12.1 on OS X 10.15.4

Best,

Attachments:
10 Replies

It works fine on my computer, although I am using Windows 10. Try restarting the kernel and re-evaluate. Otherwise it might be an OS X based Mathematica issue

Posted 1 year ago

@Ali Hashmi, thanks for the advice. Maybe it's an OS X issue, restarting the kernel does not help. MeshConnectivityGraph remains blue as if it is not a built-in command.

But if you are using 12.1, then it should be a builtin command? It was introduced in 12.1. Please contact support.

IGraph/M has had IGMeshCellAdjacencyGraph long before MeshConnectivityGraph was introduced. It works in Mathematica 10.0 or later.

Cool. I am already using IGraph/M for one of my side projects. Works like a charm :)

Posted 1 year ago

A wonderful package! It works great, I will keep playing with it.

If the builtin does not work I would suggest send a bug report to support@wolfram.com. this way they can fix if it is an OS related issue

Posted 1 year ago

Thanks!

@SY Yoon:

Can you post the output of evaluating $Version?

Also, can you try disabling the suggestions bar (it's in Preferences -> Interface) and restarting Mathematica? In older versions there was a bug where the suggestions bar somehow caused some symbols to become undefined. I assume it's much more robust in recent versions, but it's worth a try.

BTW it's not a macOS issue. It works perfectly fine for me on macOS.

Posted 1 year ago

@Szabolcs Horvat Bingo! yep, I didn't realize the kernel was set on WolframEngine(Jupyter) until checking $Version to produce 12.0. Now it works after switching to Local, thanks!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract