|
12 Replies
|
15 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

When will Mathematica 12.2 be released?

Posted 3 years ago

I viewed on YouTube Formatting the Wolfram Language. The presenter said that 12.2 may have already been released by the time of viewing (I viewed it!). The Mathematica online documentation already has Summary of New Features in 12.2. I am ready to use the new features!

POSTED BY: Douglas Kubler
12 Replies

Released today -- Beethoven's birthday. Stephen has a live presentation at 3pm.

Installation went well on my intel MacBook Pro 16. Unfortunately, it's not a Universal app. If my M1 MacBook Air ever arrives (supposed to be here yesterday), I will be able to check performance.

No, Beethoven is tomorrow! Today is Arthur C. Clark :))

POSTED BY: Rodrigo Murta

Ok Jane Austen, then.

No one knows Beethoven's exact birthday, but the 16th is the day most people celebrate it. He was baptized on the 17th. All the Beethoven sales are today.

Posted 3 years ago

Thank you.

POSTED BY: Douglas Kubler

It will be the first time I will upgrade from one minor version to an other. I'm kind of hoping such upgrades are free. Are they ?

I mean I will gladly pay for version 13, but I hope I won't have to for every minor version release.

POSTED BY: Lucien Grondin
Posted 3 years ago

I wouldn't expect a release 13 until maybe 2022. The 0.x releases since 11.0 are as big as the x.0 releases was some years ago (-->9-->10-->11), and are usually paid upgrades. The 0.0.x releases are usually free.

Check out the changes from release to release at the blog https://writings.stephenwolfram.com/version-release/

POSTED BY: Hans Jensen
Posted 3 years ago

Maybe for Christmas?

POSTED BY: David Keith

The Wolfram Cloud is already in version 12.2.

enter image description here

It's been 32 years and still Mathematica can't do simple task. Using Wolfram Cloud 12.2:

enter image description here

And such examples can be multiplied.

POSTED BY: Mariusz Iwaniuk

Eager to use the new //= (ApplyTo)!

And play with the new Video functions.

ApplyTo

It's very nice, have been using it for a while now for things like:

data //= Replace[x_?OddQ :> x^2]
data //= Map[f]

etc…

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract