|
6 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

VSCode: failed connection to Wolfram Language Server

Posted 2 years ago

I've been attempting to get the below linked VSCode extension working for quite a while now. I might be doing something wrong but it seems to be configured correctly. The below picture is the 'server' listening but I cannot seem to connect to it from within a notebook in Mathematica or within VSCode.

Is the intention of this extension to have Mathematica output the result of functions in the terminal of the VSCode GUI everytime a wolfram document is saved?

Beyond the extensions settings on VSCodes does anything need to be configured within Mathematica?

I've followed the setup guide but not really sure what to do from here.

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=lsp-wl.lsp-wl-client

extension for VScode output

POSTED BY: Ziggy Stardust
6 Replies
Posted 1 year ago

Hello, I was trying to get the extension run on a Chromebook. But what I got so far is this:

There were messages when loading LSPServerpackage: Get::noopen: Cannot open ZeroMQLinkLoader.

POSTED BY: Peter Graf

Same here. I am seeing similar error messages. I have had no luck at all with the VS Code extension.

POSTED BY: mdkimzey Kimzey

I am seeing similar error messages. I have had no luck at all with the VS Code extension.

POSTED BY: mdkimzey Kimzey

Try using the official version from Wolfram Research.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

Hello,

I actually managed to fix this but didn't find the app that useful because I couldn't get syntax highlighting working.

Here is a link to the GitHub issue I created about this. I actually did manage to get it working after having a quick call with the dev, but that was about a year ago.

https://github.com/kenkangxgwe/lsp-wl/issues/62

Like one of the other posters mentioned, there is an official app now maybe you can get that working.

POSTED BY: Ziggy Stardust
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract