Message Boards Message Boards

Weather functions returning either $Failed or Missing[Not Available]

Posted 2 years ago

Hello guys, I have been working to build a Mathematica notebook that calculates expected revenue from electricity generation from a wind turbine based on its geographical location. Starting last Saturday [it could have been sooner, but this is when I found out], all of the functions that call curated weather data has not been working, and I am unsure if this is something that I am doing wrong.

windDalby = WeatherData["Dalby", "WindSpeed", {{2015}, {2020}, "Day"}];    
DateListPlot[windDalby]

or

data = WindSpeedData[
   Entity["City", {"Sydney", "NewSouthWales", "Australia"}], {{2010, 
     1, 1}, {2020, 12, 31}}]["Values"]

have all resulted in either "$Failed" or "Missing[NotAvailable]" when evaluated. As of 28 September 2021 15:00 AEST, it is still the case. Are these functions working for others in different regions/ using different computers? Is there a work-around for when these things happen?

Google has turned up several old community posts describing this same issue, but it seems that they all got fixed with time.

I am very new to Mathematica, and any help and feedback would be much appreciated.

POSTED BY: KC K
3 Replies
Posted 2 years ago

It's been fixed!

Support team got in touch and let me know that it was fixed last Friday. Thanks, everyone.

POSTED BY: KC K
Posted 2 years ago

Same for me/us. Seems to be a bug and persists for quite a while now...

POSTED BY: Albert Retey

Same here. Not even the examples in the documentation work, so it looks like a bug. Please report it!

POSTED BY: Philipp Winkler
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract