Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
6 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to disable keyword shortcut for changing cell style.

Posted 2 years ago

Hello dear community, I have a problem writing in a notebook in Mathematica.

I recently updated my version to the most current (12.3.1.0) and when trying to place symbols like =,>, < or * it changes the style of the cell.

This is annoying if I am writing math code.

Can it be configured so that this does not happen? I attach screenshots when the style is changed using the symbols I mentioned above.

Kind regards.

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

POSTED BY: Gonzalo Quezada
6 Replies

Gonzalo,

This time I understand your issue! You said you are running v12.3.1 but your image shows you are running 12.1 instead. You must upgrade. There was a bug in 12.1 first release that when you type an = sign, it does the freeform input instead.

See this old thread with the same issue: thread

Regards,

Neil

POSTED BY: Neil Singer

Thank you very much Neil, indeed I was wrong in the version that I said I had! Now I updated it to 12.3 and the problem no longer occurs. Again thanks.

Thanks to who have taken the time to respond.

What Hans says has clarified the matter for me. If I start a clean book writing codes it doesn't happen.

Now I have identified that the problem occurs to me after I add titles and sections, with the writing assistant palette.

Here I add an example, where I put titles and sections. Then I started writing a simple code Solve [x + 1 == 0, x] Then again when I put the = symbol it start to change the cell style..

Attachment

Attachments:

Could you provide examples of valid math code that starts with "=" or ">" ? I think that those shortcuts are made under the presumption that you would never start a command with those characters.

POSTED BY: Gustavo Delfino
Posted 2 years ago

Unlike Neil I think what Gonzalo reports is not a sign of a keyboard malfunction. Its just normal behaviour of the notebook interface.

Starting a new cell. Let the mouse hover over the + sign:

enter image description here

Click on it:

enter image description here

I have framed the keyboard shortcuts in red

POSTED BY: Hans Milton

Hans,

You are correct. I misread the OP. Sorry.

Thanks for catching that.

Regards

POSTED BY: Neil Singer
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract