7 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Mathematica 10.4.1 Now Available

Posted 8 years ago

Wolfram has just released a Mathematica 10.4.1 update that fixes critical issues identified in 10.4.0, including a code signing (Gatekeeper) bug that surfaced with Apple's Mac OS X 10.11.4 update, OpenGL issues introduced in the 10.4.0 upgrade, and activation problems on Linux reported by a few customers.

Eligible customers will receive 10.4.1 update notifications from us over the next few days.

You can get additional details about this release on the Mathematica Quick Revision History page: http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/quick-revision-history.html

POSTED BY: Emily Suess
7 Replies

The Speak function is acting oddly under 10.4.1 on OSX10.11.4. The single line:

Speak["Read my lips"] 

works as expected but if we break this sentence into words using three Speak commands placed in a single Cell:

Speak["Read "];
Speak["my "];
Speak["lips"];

after executing the Cell, the first word is spoken, but the second word is not, until I click the mouse on the notebook, or press keys on the keyboard. Ditto for the last word. It may be relevant that there were several kernels running during this test.

In the revision history the OpenGL issues are fixed, but I'm still experiencing the problem described here with version 10.4.1 on Mac 10.11.4. I'm wondering whether I need to do something else for the fix?

POSTED BY: xslittlegrass *

The sample file provided that illustrated the problem (slow speed in 3D graphics) now works fine on my computer and 10.4.1. (OS X 10.11.4).

MMA10.4.1 appears to have successfully fixed the problem for me on OSX 10.11.4.

Cheers,

M.

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

It seems better than in 10.4.0, but rotation of 3D objects is still clearly much slower than in 10.3.1.

I have a 2014 retina MacBook Pro with both Intel and NVIDIA graphics. The problem is still there with either graphics card.

POSTED BY: Szabolcs Horvát

I find a marginally faster (marginally less slow!) operation of 3D graphics. It is still terrible for a 3D scene that has the complexity less than typical 3D shooter 15 years ago...

POSTED BY: Sander Huisman

Hello,

The link you provided mentions Manipulate. It is not clear whether the issue with Manipulate in Linux has been addressed. I have seen several reports that the buttons do not respond (the manipulation can only be effected with Autorun).

Best,

OL.

POSTED BY: Otto Linsuain
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract