Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Programming Lab desktop 11.1.1 "breaks" after Save?

Posted 1 year ago
|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
|

I work with an all up-to-date Windows 10 and Programming Lab 11.1.1 on a pretty mighty Lenovo W530 workstation laptop.

When I work with some notebook within PL-Desktop, I save it from time to time. I.e. "save to Wolfram Cloud". Then the desktop-UI breaks in some sense. I can no longer place the cursor (it ist invisible), I cannot select text, I cannot copy or paste text and I cannot evaluate cells with Shift+Enter anymore. It is a nightmare to work in that state. Fortunately some of the menu options after selecting a cell still work, e. g. "Evaluate Cell".

Things like ESC, Alt+".", Cntl-Break do not help at all.

After some time or action - I have no idea why and when - this annoying state just disappears. But until then I am on the horror trip losing all my work.

I think I had this problem occasionally under Wolfram 11.0. But now with 11.1.1 it ist persistent.

Does anybody have similar experiences? Or better: Does anybody have an idea how to get ret rid of that inacceptable status? Or is there some software-fix somewhere?

Posted 1 year ago

I think, I know now how that bug works. It's pretty trivial.

After "Save" you just have to select any other Window on your desktop and then get back to your notebook-window. Then everything seem to be alright again.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract