Message Boards Message Boards

How can you indent (CellMargin) Printout Environment styles?

Hello,

I am trying to create my own stylesheet for homework and projects, and I've been able to figure out how to edit the Working environment styles, but not specifically the Printout ones. I like the optimization automatically done by Mathematica to make work fit better (shrinking spaces and text size), but I am unable to edit the CellMargins in Printout mode so they indent as I want them to. So, while in the Working environment, things indent, but in Printout, none of my headings are indented.

Here's a photo of my stylesheet so far:Custom Stylesheet so far

As a side note, the Input and Output fields don't follow font specifications, but I'm not too worried about that.

Thanks for your help in advance!

POSTED BY: Spencer Fretwell

It seems that your private definitions are only set for a general style, that is:

Cell[StyleData["Title"], options...]

And if parent stylesheets provide environment specific options they will take a precedence.

It is the case, click on the top cell link to the parent stylesheet and check styles for e.g. Title, it contains, among others,

Cell[StyleData["Title", "Printout"],
 CellMargins->{{2, 2}, {3, 32}}]

which will be used, so if you want to be sure your styles apply to the printout environment, you need to specify that explicitly.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Kuba Podkalicki
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract