Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Which version of Mathematica is available on Raspberry Pi ?

Posted 2 months ago
|
10 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
|

Hello,

I recently added Mathematica on my Raspberry 3 (originally with Raspbian Lite), and got the 11.0.1. Any attempt to get the 11.2 version by a classical upgrade process

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade wolfram-engine 

just answers that I am up-to-date... However I can read in the group lot of posts concerning 11.2 ! How can I get it ? I wouldn't like to reinstall Raspbian, as it is a special image.

Thank you for your help,

Yves

10 Replies

sudo apt-get install wolfram-engine

should update Mathematica provided you have raspbian stretch installed.

I can't seem to update to 11.3?

Posted 18 days ago

Mathematica 11.3.0 (32-bit) has now been released for the Raspberry Pi.

I can't upgrade to v 11.3 either.

This installs the 11.3 Mathematica on your Raspbian Stretch:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Posted 14 days ago

Just checked, use the "sudo apt-get upgrade" it is updating now. Also just a quick one, I use Wolfram on laptop and when I want to calculate something e.g. if I type Fourier, it comes up with several options. Why doesn't Pi version do that?

@TondeKush I do not know this for a certainty, but l will venture to guess that the predictive interface is too resource-needy to run nicely on the Raspberry Pi platform.

you can run this code to check the performance. raspi is in the lower range, that is tru

Needs["Benchmarking`"];
BenchmarkReport[]
Posted 13 days ago

That is what I thought as well, well in a way it will force me to learn a lot more. I notice the Pi does get overwhelmed at times and just freezes.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Also worked for me now. I was getting message that my version (11.2) was the latest one, but since @Tonde Kush posted I tried again and I got it upgrade to v 11.3

Thanks so much, guys!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract