Message Boards Message Boards

The Telephone Game - next level with GPT

9 Replies

Simply awesome! Your recent series on AI and LLMs are very exciting -- looking forward to many more of these if you valuable time allows :-)

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

Hi Vitaliy,

I have been posting some more posts on related topics:

1) API for Google's Gemini Pro

2) API access to Mistral AI

3) API access to Llama

4) Automated analysis of uploaded data file on OpenAI

I hope that some of that turns out to be useful to some members of the Wolfram Community.

Cheers,

Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

Thank you, Marco, this is excellent! Thanks to such contributions we decided to launch new group Artificial Intelligence https://wolfr.am/AIgroup where only outstanding content will be aggregated. I recommend the readers to JOIN that group to stay updated on the new articles.

POSTED BY: Vitaliy Kaurov

POSTED BY: Kotaro Okazaki

Great post, Marco - as always! The "Escheresque" images are piece of art, no question!

On the other hand here we get an impression on what will happen when AI is creating content (eventually filling up the internet) - and then reading/interpreting content. We are going to have an interesting future ...

Best regards -- Henrik

POSTED BY: Henrik Schachner

Dear Henrik,

thank you for your comment and your encouraging words.

Regarding the future, yes, I agree we are going to have an interesting future. And yes, in which direction "interesting" will go, is the big question.

I have been using this technology for quite some time now for teaching, content generation, generating ideas, and (and this was helpful) automate an incredible range of administrative work.

I recently saw an interesting lecture from Harvard Large Language Models and The End of Programming - CS50 Tech Talk with Dr. Matt Welsh. It is an interesting point of view on programming and how "normal/standard" programming languages haven't changed how we teach computers and the readability of code. Among other things the speaker juxtaposes standard (and pretty much unreadable code) to prompt to LLMs.

I was wondering where the Wolfram Language fits into this. It is certainly more readable the low level programming languages, and allows us to interact with a computer in a way that is more natural. But it is also more precise when it comes to mathematics and applications thereof. I believe it it true that speaking to a computer in prompts feels more natural than programming. But then we invented mathematical symbols to better express certain ideas as well.

Here is a paragraph from a book by Morris Kline "Mathematics in Western Culture":

"When a twelfth century youth fell in love he did not take three paces backward, gaze into her eyes, and tell her she was too beautiful to live. He said he would step outside and see about it. And if, when he got out, he met a man and broke his head- the other man's head, I mean - then that proved that his - the first fellow'S - girl was a pretty girl. But if the other fellow broke his head- not his own, you know, but the other fellow's-the other fellow to the second fellow, that is, because of course the other fellow would only be the other fellow to him, not the first fellow who - well, if he broke his head, then his girl- not the other fellow'S, but the fellow who was the-Look here, if A broke B's head, then A's girl was a pretty girl; but if B broke A's head, then A's girl wasn't a pretty girl, but B's girl was."

I wonder whether the combination something like the Wolfram Language and LLMs will be the answer and bring balance to the ease of using natural language and the precision of a computational language like the Wolfram Language. E.g. the new Astro functionality makes many concepts quite precise (what exactly is sunset, when I compute the position an object in the sky what do I mean - where I see it or where it is given the speed of light).

I am wondering what the best way will be to instruct future computers to provide answer to our questions and how that will change society.

Interesting times ahead.

Thank zou, Marco

POSTED BY: Marco Thiel

Dear Marco,

thank you for your thoughtful answer - and for the like to this very interesting talk with Dr. Welsh!

I am wondering what the best way will be to instruct future computers to provide answer to our questions and how that will change society.

Yes - this exactly appears to be the question!

Best regards -- Henrik

POSTED BY: Henrik Schachner

enter image description here -- you have earned Featured Contributor Badge enter image description here Your exceptional post has been selected for our editorial column Staff Picks http://wolfr.am/StaffPicks and Your Profile is now distinguished by a Featured Contributor Badge and is displayed on the Featured Contributor Board. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Moderation Team

These are great Marco! I hope everyone busily writing HTTP requests sees your two recent posts to give themselves a head start exploring!

POSTED BY: John McNally
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract